Multidisciplinary Pediatric Center

Speech Therapists Near Me | Encino, Tarzana, & Sherman Oaks
Our Blog
  • Kaiser Permanente
  • Anthem
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Frank D. Lanterman Regional Center
  • North LA County Regional Center

How Can a Child Development Specialist Help My Toddler?

Understanding the development of your child at any age is essential. Our goal at Speech Source Therapy, Inc. is to better the lives of infants and toddlers who have a disability or who are considered high risk for developing a disability. Our child development specialist uses an individualized curriculum and intervention plans according to the child’s specific needs.

child development specialist

What Training Does a Child Development Specialist Need?

Child Developmental Specialists (CDS’s) are professionals who have a BA/BS or MA/MS in child development, psychology, education, communication disorders, counseling, or any other related field. If the Child Development Specialist does not have a degree in child development, s/he must accrue 12 units of child development coursework OR a minimum of one year experience in a field of early childhood.

How Does a Development Specialist Determine if the Program is Right for My Child?

Our Child Development Specialists provide consultations, assessments, evaluations, and therapy to children who have developmental delays and difficulties in the areas of cognitive development, gross/fine motor development, communication, adaptive skills, and social-emotional development.

Schedule Your Consultation

At Speech Source Therapy, our comprehensive approach is based upon known principles of growth and development.  If you think your child would benefit from our child development program, please contact our speech therapy specialists in Los Angeles today!

This entry was posted in Child Development Specialist and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.